Motor Coach Shuttle/Bus Drivers
DEPARTMENT: Bus Division
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor / Group Moves Offsite Contract Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt – Hourly
Safely transporting passengers to and from assigned public parking lots and terminals and/or transporting clients to out of state destinations and back.
1. Pick-up and drop off passengers safely and promptly within specified time requirements.
2. Adhere to established route patterns while driving within posted speed limits.
3. Deliver high-end customer service.
4. Obtain all required, assigned equipment at the start of the shift.
5. Return required, assigned equipment at the end of each shift.
6. Perform exterior/interior inspection and written report of outcome.
7. Daily wash and maintain a clean vehicle throughout shift.
8. Perform daily visual safety inspection of vehicle, written report of outcome, and notify supervisor when vehicle needs servicing.
9. Perform other duties as directed.
10.Adhere to established company policies, procedures and guidelines.
Bus Drivers must:
- Possess a valid Michigan commercial CDL license with passenger endorsement with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Pass DOT drug screening.
- Posses a DOT medical certificate.
- Read and speak English fluently.
- Be capable of lifting large items up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional driving experience.
- Capable of operating required transportation equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Skills and attributes
- Have the ability to work in a structured, fast-paced environment, with defined deadlines.
- Be self-motivated and require little supervision.
- Be able to interact well with the public.
- Have a familiarity with local traffic laws.
- Have a willingness to train others in the performance of job functions.
High school diploma or equivalent, knowledge in DOT regulations.
The successful candidate must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
Metro Cars is an Equal Opportunity Employer.